How to Stop Using Facebook or any Social Media (Without deleting your account) 05/07/2020
- Unfollow every page/profile of institutions, media outlet and companies.
- Unfollow or mute every person you do not know personally or do not had a meaningfully conversation for some time.
- Mute all of your friends and family.
Beware of traps
- If you are addicted, your brain will try to rationalize a way to keep you getting those social media rewards (likes, “knowing” about others, etc. Understand this behavior.
- No, people won’t judge you because you stopped liking their posts. They are too busy with their own life.
- “But I get really good content in my Timeline”. No, you don’t, it’s your brain trying to convince you to stay using SM.